Catching animals in Belarus: a memo. Legal advice for dog owners!
Unfortunately, homeless animals in Belarus are still a sad reality. And today, the only way the state has proposed to solve this problem is by trapping.
What does the legislation on catching animals in Belarus say?
Today in Belarus there are two legislative acts on this subject:
- Decree of the Council of Ministers No. 834 of 06/04/2001 On the approval of the rules for keeping domestic dogs and cats, as well as the capture of stray animals in settlements.
- Decision of the Ministry of Housing and Public Utilities No. 23 of December 29, 2001 On the approval of the regulation on the procedure for the capture, shooting, keeping and euthanasia of street animals.
Rules for catching animals in Belarus
- Catching is carried out exclusively at the request of the partnership of owners / housing offices.
- Trapping should occur while people are on the street minimally.
- Catching should be carried out exclusively by specially authorized means, subject to the principles of humanity. There should be no harm to animals.
- It is forbidden to remove the animal from leash or use the bait.
- Trapping workers are required present documents to anyone who requires it.
What to do if you witness a violation of the rules for catching animals?
If you become an unwitting witness to a violation of the catch rules or see how catchers abuse animals, you can take a number of actions:
- Take everything in a photo or video.
- Try to attract witnesses.
- Demand to present documents,
- Contact by phone 102.
Animal Protection Center "Animalex" provides legal assistance in cases of cruelty to animals. Representatives of this center can be found on social networks: Facebook and Vkontakte.
How to protect your dog from catching?
- Walk the dog on a leash, do not let it walk alone.
- Chip the dog, get a veterinary passport.
- Register the dog, get a registration token.